Monday, August 29, 2011

"two pees [sic] in a pod," wrote my cousin... & "unto such a torment the... malefactors were condemned, who reason subjugate to appetite."

what a nice tx trip i had, w/its sultry heat, fecund country roads, flat flat land, fried feasts, scrapping & funny & kind & ribald family interactions, endless air-conditioned drives, & farmland filled w/animals, most lovely for me the jerusalem donkeys jazzy & rosie & the old dog max. yes, we've so much family love out there in tx. i left for the kids a pair of my platform shoes so they can play runway model. in this pic, thomas had given me a tattoo. after that, he, bebe  & i had a wii dance contest (i lost). then my friend, the amazing fireball whiteboy james, invited us to open for his band this wkend. but bass player scotty says he'll be out out of town. then "love" again was agony, agony, agony. the rollercoaster soars, then plunges plunges plunges. i've gone as low as the 5th circle but usually when in h*ll am stuck in the 2nd, blowing around in its violent storm w/no hope of rest or ballast & no virgil to lead the way out... am so grateful to have my folks, for w/o them, i'd never remember the love, the wonderful moments, this precious, fleeting life... all bets would be off.

3 comments:

Memphis Mike said...

Sounds like a beautiful trip! That said, allow me to state this: Love should not be agony. If it is, then it probably isn't 'love'. Love should be joyous. It should, at times, be work...but it should never be agony. Just my thought on the subject. I hope you're OK! Call any time ya feel like! ML2U!!!

:-)

jenny page said...

you're absolutely right, mikey. tho i am filled w/love & life (when not thinking of putting my head in the oven), it's the romantic kind i'm incapable of achieving, & probably deserving. lucky in life, unlucky in love: that is me.
thank the good, good heavens that there are many kinds of love, & so, so much in this life spilling over w/it!! :) ml2u, j

jenny page said...

...that might've been a pronoun error. oil well.