Wednesday, July 15, 2009

blablabla

(pic from www.andynoise.com, "home of kern county athletics") when i arrived at last night's run, paul anderson & friend made fun of my shorts: "are those leather?" "no, i think they're pleather," they said. he decided they fit my "rock star image." i told him they were from the texas thrift store. that's the name of the place - off the 35 in north austin! it's almost like a college used book store - i got a bunch of great titles, & could've gotten more if i'd had more rm in my suitcase.
last night's run was difficult (over 100 again), but great. the feeling after running is absolutely exhilarating. today is band practice, & i can't wait. i'm hoping to have myself a bd party - invite friends, family, musicians who like the stuff i like; we'll see. meanwhile, have been housesitting for my folks & am taking the dog boys back to their dad. it's been nice to hang out w/them. they live in the moment & love unconditionally. as angie sister says, "dogs are proof of god." booyah.
-p.s. - this gal is awesome: www.youtube.com/user/ivoryticklermama

4 comments:

Capitano Tedeschi said...

People spend a lot of money of sports apparel. Some of it worthwhile and some of it not so worthwhile.

Cyclists are terrible in that regard. You can spend $75 for a high-tech cycling jersey or you spend $15 for a microfiber t-shirt from L.L. Bean. Both work about the same.

I'd perfer clothing that is comfortable and cheap. That leaves more money for travel and fun. I am thinking that you might feel the same.

Capitano Tedeschi

30

Linda said...

I think it's a little bit nuts and unhealthy to be running in temps this hot, especially with the air quality we have. Be careful.

Nice you had some dog "face" time. :)

jseals822 said...

I'm there with you on the running and the feelings of when the run is over! I just wish I could still run, oh well I will live vicariously through your shares Jenny!! I love the unconditional love from my doggies, it is wonderful to know that I dont have to be anything but myself.
love ya
Joni

Anonymous said...

can you believe i am listed in 2nd place for this particular race? amazing. :)
jenny