Saturday, March 30, 2019

Bed Post

arrrrrrrggggggggggghhh!!!
I am posting from bed using speech to text. I will talk slowly and clearly to avoid embarrassing, even sometimes treacherous misspellings that occur when I talk too quickly. (A recent one I sent without checking said I'd be running with my nipples dragging me, not running with my puppy dragging me & in WHAT POSSIBLE PHONETIC UNIVERSE COULD THAT HAVE OCCURRED EXCEPT ONE GOVERNED BY THE HILARIOUS GOD OF HUMILIATION???) Can't do much about usage and grammar errors that occur, such as in the last sentence when speech to text believed to to have one o, not two. Just now when I said one o, and it just did it again, speech to text enter the numeral 100. It doesn't understand context, such as the differences between forms of there, in that way being like many of my dear little students. Lately speech-to-text seems to be less accurate, and maybe that's because its algorithm actually has worsened more as ensuing millions of people with different accents use it and confuse it. I dunno. Parentheses had to type that one. Close parentheses. Haha
Last night I was thinking about my husband and did something I haven't done in a long while which was write some songs. The trick is 2 just let them roll out, see what happens . One came out pretty funny and cool. I wonder if I'll ever be able to record it or play it with others. I love teaching, but I miss playing music.
Right now doggy's laying on my sore hip stretching it out, my canine chiropractic traction device. We are supposed to run at the park. Zzzzzzzz.
Here's a picture Corey sent from two weeks ago when I had to carry most of the show because James was egregiously late. You can see the stress on my face, but in the end I remembered, although grimly, that I can be a band leader when needed. I wish I'd known he wouldn't be there so that I could have practiced and also that we could have had a sound system for the first 1.5 sets when Anthony was late arriving as well. Oh well. It is what it is. Corey told me she had to leave shortly after taking this pic, but reality was she was stressed out someone was going to get mad or say something to me and so bailed out. "I told Christy I gotta go or I'm going to have to punch somebody in the face if they say something mean to Jenny," she told me. She is a great friend. And apparently when she taught off the hill, a barroom brawler. Yet another thing she and James have in common.
Spring is in the air and my students are feeling  it. The bed is soft and warm, the light soft and golden through the curtains, but it's time to get up and start another day.

No comments: