- just blogging because. penny petunia puppy page is recuperating nicely. she just licked my heel. fatso the gorgeous cat this morn even jumped on the bed with penny & me, tho as far from the dog as he physically could be while still resting on the same furniture piece.
- i missed long beach bayou festival to take care of penny. i really wanted to play since new orleans piano stylings are some of my favorites, but believe i made the right decision. instead, spent much quality time with dear & not-so-dear family & dear cousins visiting from tx. ate a bunch of great mama ramona & mama roomba's (restaurant) food & smith's cookies & drove all over bakingfield & took penny to petsmart, where they removed her stubborn surgical bandage gratis (it was melted to her fur due to the summer heat & she cried pitifully when james & i tried to remove it before he took off for the southland & he halted the operation & then i worried & worried she would die of infection bc i couldn't remove the bandage bc i couldn't bear to hear her cry)... don't have much more to say except we have nice plans for my sobriety bd, family may animal-sit, & this house is super, super clean due to absence of mister wonderful, my husband, who, were he in the peanuts comic strip, would be pigpen. (that is, if pigpen also were the most charismatic, good-looking, & talented peanuts character.) i miss him, my darling infuriating dear dear partner.
- life for now is pretty darned good. reading many books, maybe will finish a one. the most interesting presently is the sleeper awakes by hg wells. the least interesting were the dog & cat books i returned to the library.
- in music happenings, friday is frank fairfield at union station, then the paladins at don the beachcomber. you can look them up, if you're interested; we hope to go to both. sat & sun we have yard sale. then will be sobriety bd trip w/music, friends, cool weather, & for me, i hope, a chip.
- the silly roosters are crowing away in the hills across the road. it's hot outside, but the gusts blow cool mountain breezes through the house. really nice. peaceful. happy happy to you. for me, naptime. summer is awesome...
|look at that happy smile! mr handsome & dear friend mark liddell, a real gentleman|
|little angie & little mary reveal in their common pose a genuine, innocent mien|
|our cousin tushi has inherited her mom's crowd-gathering & hilarious storytelling skill.|