Monday, June 13, 2011

happy.

you happy? it's very american (specifically, i think, united statesian) to consider "happiness" to be so important. what about love, usefulness, duty, power, freedom, filial piety, or, for pete's sake, dough?
i just feel happy. so here is my up-to-minute gratitude list.
please make yours.
sobriety- peanut brittle ice cream- birds flying, chirping, singing- 88 blacks & whites- reading (most recently, NYers, the week, runner's world, books first families, wicked plants, & off the grid)- restoration to sanity- wind chimes- family- dallas mavericks' win- talking with cousin jerry in tex about it - sweatshirt & flipflops- cold water- most amazingly, chuck berry & big joe turner on the restaurant radio- sunlight- friends - roscoe & gusgus- kind & noble ex- skittles the beautiful cat- fresh trout - good physical & mental health- refreshing breezes- sleeping- hiking home from the bus- quiet & calm- juicy burger- yucca, oaks, sage, & pine- dexter on netflix- visitors- amazing sister getting black belt- dad the cheery workhorse, mama the reading/cooking couch-cat- frazier park transit bus- my lovely home- safety- dusk devils- cattie ness & revenge- prayers for sick & injured friends & loved ones- st vincent de paul's gorgeous new facility & strong, good-hearted volunteers- nice bakersfield weather- crisp, clean frazier park weather- riding the 2-speed foldable peugeot all over bakersfield- kind, flirty emails from my piano teacher gene - my truck, ugly as sin, that runs like a clock- moolah in the bank- ability to have choices- contemplating road trips

2 comments:

Memphis Mike said...

Sounds like you have lots to be happy about...and probably always have. Sometimes its easier to see that which bothers us than to stare directly into the eyes of happiness. I'm glad you're doing well doll! Just remember, when/if you have a bad day, all of these things/people/places will still be there...hold on to them...and find more! :-)

ML2U!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

1. MY LIFE
2. My Daughter
3. My Girlfriend
4. My Job (($$$))
5. My Dad
6. Guitar
7. My Dirt Bikes
8. THE DUSK DEVILS And Other Great Music I Love
9. The Idiot Box, my Best Friend Forever ((Sort of kidding))
10. The Beach As I Imagine It ((Still trying to get there))