Sunday, November 29, 2009

a few days late...

always have i loved john candy, tho i heard recently sad news about some struggles he had his life. yes, i always felt a sadness might exist in him, watching his movies; maybe that's pt of the reason i like him! but more likely it's that he was a big, handsome, funny, kind-seeming man.
this is one of my very favorite movie scenes ever, which i watched last night!! i don't see how to imbed it from youtube, so please click the link to watch it: john candy, messaround
my additional top 10 funny movie scenes (for right now, 8:55 am on sunday morning):
1. miller describes the cosmic lattice of coincidence in "repo man"
2. gomez and morticia speak of their love in "addams family"
3. the concluding opera in "night at the opera"
4. the monster is created in "young frankenstein"
5. professor wagstaff rows a boat & everyone sings in "horse feathers"
6. the general store scene in "it's a gift"
7. the agents drive thru a tunnel while listening to elvis in "men in black"
8. the drunk sequence of "mystery train" (with joe strummer)
9. peewee goes into a biker bar in "peewee's big adventure"
10. the family goes to buy a christmas tree in "a christmas story"
...so many more. add your favorites, if you want. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monty Python and the Holy Grail-
The fight with the black knight. (and about 10 other scenes in it)

And almost every Seinfeld (although not a movie) makes me laugh out loud at some point - I didn't stsrt watching it until the series was almost over - and then I borrowed five seasons and watched them all over a Christmas break -

I better stop here - I feel like my rambling hijacked your blog yf John

Memphis Mike said...

Toooooooo many to really compile a list! LOL But, although not a movie, David Sedaris' bit called "6 to 8 Black Men" just may be one of the funniest things ever written! Makes me proud to be an American! LOL

Memphis Mike said...

1. Almost any Laurel & Hardy movie
2. Mr. Creasote exploding in "The Meaning of Life"
3. The line "Astrophysicist" from "Girls Will Be Girls"
4. Johny Candy making giant pancakes and flipping them with a snow shovel in "Uncle Buck"
5. While truly dark...the scene where Hannibal Lecter fed the FBI dork's brain to him in "Hannibal". It's gross yes...but it struck me as absurdly funny! LOL

I could go on here for days! But I do believe a buffalo chicken pizza is calling me on this chilly but sunny Sunday! :-)

Anonymous said...

Just went to snips for the first time.,, "one final night" is a great song" - your vocals pack a lot of emotion jmj