Tuesday, October 27, 2009

reality check part bleh

just wrote entire book about my depressing time yesterday. no one needs to read such self-indulgent, depressing blah. deleted it.
just tried to write capsule version (why???) & accidentally hit backspace key & deleted it.
someone/thing is trying to tell me something. like shut the f up.
am sick today w/burning head & swollen throat & soul that feels limp, moribund. it's "going around" (physical pt). maybe ill body, lacking good rest, is sickening my mind? vice versa? can't sleep, feel horrible, like when 1st forced to become a teetotaler. life got better then, so it will get better now. but when?????
divorce is like death. i don't know how to live well & happily in this world right now. thank the universe for gina marie & my band, all of whom i hope to see today. thank the universe for people who continue to put up w/me while i'm on the worst rollercoaster in my life. if this ride doesn't even up, it's gonna kill me.
i am sick. i am going back to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny - I haven't experienced a divorce but I have experienced life changing events- and, though it is easy to say, without a doubt things will even out for you. And just know that you are an incredibly gifted person- talented, artistic, intelligent,and caring - one of a kind. It's strange that I can say this without really knowing you- but hearing your music, reading your words, and watching you interact with your students at your school carnival leave no doubt. J

Memphis Mike said...

Hey kiddo,

As one of the divorced myself I can tell ya, it's a trip...but it DOES get better. You're a special person and methinks you need to give yourself some Jenny-time. So write and write, play some tunes, heck, bake a pie even! Tell ya what, knowing your fondness for Nawlinz, I'll send ya my SUPER UBER TOP SECRET MOST PPL DIE BEFORE THEY LEARN IT Gumbo Recipe. ;-)

Long distance hugs to ya doll! :-)