Wednesday, March 12, 2008

when i die, buried 6 ft deep w/a rock&roll record at my feet, phonograph needle in my hand, gonna rock my way right out of this land

need to go to work today. the illness has moved into my throat & ears, so teaching 7th graders should be... loads of fun!!! get my rx diagnosis today, too, so maybe will have some answers for continual sickness. (or not, & will just continue to limp along.) sometimes i think i was supposed to croak 12.75 yrs ago, but was granted a reprieve for whatever reason, so now i get to be a happy person of fairly strong body but fragile respiratory health. weird!
this line of thinking is nothing but one tiny soul believing itself to be more important than it is. "we are all red blood & white bone underneath," said carl perkins, & after that ash to ash, dust to dust, then part of that billion-band of souls flying around & i hope having some fun while watching over the ones still trapped in their flesh & bone jalopies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no valley fever, just a very bad cold, said the rx. she insisted that i stay home. "there are no subs," i said. "i can't." "yes you can," she replied, writing me a sick leave note for two days. i started to leave. "wait," she said, finished the thing, & handed it to me.
i cannot now go back to work til after spring break. i feel both relieved & guilty. we were gonna have a readathon at school! :( well, this way i guess this thing might not turn into bronchitis or pneumonia. now if i could just get myself to actually rest...