Tuesday, January 17, 2006

tweeee-dee-dee-dee-deedle-dee-dee

well, we got a show in fresno at the belmont, fri feb 17... more details
to come, most assuredly... meantime, here are some more elvis show pix... the first one's of sound guy charlie; the wonderful skip edwards, who is an amazing piano player, and a gentleman, too; phil alvin of the blasters, & me. (i have lots of heroes, find it encourages my existence to look for them everywhere...) PA was giving a detailed explanation of why he bristles at the term "country music." the next shot i included for those admirers & revilers of the blurred look :), also cause, tho out of focus, it's what i glom to be a characteristic "garrulous phil making a point" pose... brian p, did you move on purpose when you took this one?? next is brian p, me, ray campi, & multi-talented count smokula (of dr demento, troma films fame, who plays violin, who writes songs, who knows how to have fun!)... then brian p & rod from the tonemasters, with lovely dawn shipley on deck in background... then me and sporky (carol); her boyfriend joel played with dawn. she is a funny, smart, & sweet LA gal & myspace friend :) by this time i was worn out & had lipstick on my teeth, which of course no one told me... & finally is art fein & i (i keep typing art gein, like ed gein, heh heh heh; his eyes kinda have that look in this particular shot, along with the impressively little richard-like coiff). it was a swell time, & i won't write anymore about it now except to say if anyone found a burgundy faux-fur collar that night, please send it to me cause i lost it. good thing i'm a teetotaler -- it's hard enough for me to keep track of my head sober when good times are going on!

No comments: