Wednesday, March 02, 2005

count the days i'm gone


we're learning 13 new songs! well, one of them is actually two -- one old, one new (hint: see picture) -- with similar around-the-horn progressions. i'm happy cause one of the other "new" ones is a hank ballard tune. one of my prized musical possessions is a dupe of a concert h.b. did with the blasters from way back when. i'm glad we were doing "let's go, let's go, let's go" when mr. ballard passed away. it seemed respectful to already have that in the repertoire... art fein posted something i wrote at www.sofein.com, so go there to read musings from me and the fellow who wrote "the la musical history tour"!... i visited my dear friend donna in laverne & my friend ruben from the blazers last weekend... he is busy playing blues down in long beach and rehearsing with a new rhythm section and for a new LP... i am out on the latest cattie ness show (with big sandy)--on rehearsal day, my grandma had a birthday, and grandma comes first! oh well... just being able to tickle the ivories (or plastics) again is good enough for me! i'm sure cattie and co will have lots of fun at their fresno show with big s. go to www.cattieness.com for more information!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a strange shot of PIano Red. 'The Rev' is a poser though. I like your blog and some of the same music you do. if you don't mind me asking how old are you? Check me out at http://spudboy2.blogspot.com
Cleveland Aaron

jenny page said...

my age is listed on the "my profile" link. i am not as old as count smokula, yet older than people who know how to text message (my 15-yr old cousin in texas just taught me how). i am larger than a bread box, but smaller than andre the giant.

jenny page said...

by the way, your link doesn't work!